6 reasons to use a solid shampoo!
At Zulufita Shop you can find out everything regarding hair care
What is a solid shampoo?
Solid shampoo is nothing new. Although it seems new to many people, it was used regularly before the advent of liquid shampoo and conditioner in 1940.
It is a product for cleaning the scalp and hair and the production process is similar to that of soaps, because it contains many natural ingredients. That is why it is an ideal choice, especially for people who have damaged or dyed hair but not only.
The advantages of using a solid shampoo!
1. No more plastic containers, which pollute the environment. The solid shampoo does not come packaged in a plastic package. If you are a person who cares about the environment, you may be interested in this.
2. Save money! The solid shampoo is very concentrated. What does this thing mean? If you look at liquid shampoos the first ingredient is water. That's why when you use liquid shampoos you have to use a large enough amount to see the desired results. With solid shampoo this cannot happen, because you apply it directly on the hair and when the foam is at the desired level you stop. You will find that the solid shampoo lasts longer than the liquid shampoo.
3. Solid shampoo is ideal for travel. You want to leave on a weekend but you only want to carry your luggage. How many times have you had problems either finding the desired shampoo in "travel size" format or moving the shampoo to a smaller container, or found the contents spilled over your clothes?
With solid shampoo this problem no longer exists.
4. You save space. Considering that they have a smaller size than the liquid shampoo container, you save space in the bathroom and when you travel, the solid shampoo takes up less space in the luggage than the liquid one.
5. Can be used for many purposes. You can also use it to wash your body, clothes and even pets.
6. Removes residues left by chemicals from traditional shampoos and after washing you will feel your hair much more shiny and voluminous.
How to choose a solid shampoo?
If you have decided to opt for a solid shampoo, then you should know that there are three types of solid shampoos.
1. Solid cold-processed shampoos (usually manufactured by artisans or natural product companies). They usually contain ingredients such as natural oils, which help moisturize the hair. They do not contain sodium lauryl sulfate. When using these types of shampoos it is advisable to rinse your hair with vinegar.
2. Solid shampoos that have glycerin as a basic ingredient. It cleanses more gently and helps to balance the pH of the scalp, but it doesn't clean as well and they don't make a lot of foam.
3. Solid shampoos containing tougher cleaning agents. They clean very well but can be considered too hard for certain hair types.
4. Do you have dry hair? Dry hair is often the result of low sebum production, a natural oil needed to keep the scalp and hair hydrated. Dry hair lacks the oil and hydration it needs to give it shine. Therefore, dry hair will be brittle and lifeless.
6. Is hair loss a problem? Try Almocado's solid clarifying shampoos. These shampoos clean the scalp and hair in depth, without disturbing the pH of the hair.
Help! I used a solid shampoo but my hair doesn't look good ........
The vast majority of people have no problem switching from a liquid shampoo to a solid shampoo. But this is not the case for everyone. Below we describe some of the reasons why you do not get the desired results.
1. The scalp and hair need time to adjust to the new product used. Although it sounds weird, it is. The transition period can last from a few days to a few weeks depending on how damaged the hair is, the hardness of the water, the technique of use, etc. During this period your hair can become much faster oily, more tangled, more electrified and you can even have the feeling of "wax".
2. Do not shampoo your scalp and hair properly. Usually after the first application not much foam is created, because the shampoo mixes with the oil and dirt of the scalp and hair. Applying the shampoo a second time will create more foam.
3. Do not rinse your hair well after shampooing, especially if you apply the solid shampoo directly on the hair. Rinse very well so as not to leave any residue.
4. You live in an area where the water is very hard. The hardness of the water prevents the creation of foam in the case of solid shampoos, which do not contain cleaning agents but also rinsing the hair is difficult. Use distilled water to rinse your hair or apply a little baking powder on wet hair before shampooing. Massage and then use shampoo.
5. Rinse your hair with a solution of water and apple cider vinegar. This will help remove hair residues.
6. Do not use the right solid shampoo. Like any shampoo, even if we are talking about solid shampoos, they are of different types and for different hair types.
How do you use a solid shampoo correctly?
1. Before washing your hair, take it off.
2. Wet your hair well with warm water.
3. There are 2 techniques for applying solid shampoo. Either you apply it directly on the hair, or you take it in your hand, rub the shampoo between your palms and after it foams you apply it on your hair and scalp. Or if you want you can use both.
- If you apply the shampoo directly on the hair, start from the scalp to the tips. Gently massage the scalp and hair and add water until foam forms. If you want to avoid tangling the hair, do not gather the hair on top of the head to wash it, but use your fingers to evenly distribute the created foam. At the end, rinse well and repeat the steps if necessary.
- If you rubbed the shampoo between your palms and the foam was created, use your fingers to distribute the foam over the entire length of the hair. Gently massage the scalp and hair. Then rinse your hair well and repeat if necessary.
4. At the end you can rinse with a solution of water and apple cider vinegar.
5. Use a conditioner, if necessary.
The photo material in this article is made by: Timisoara Photo Laboratory - Doctor Print
Some of their services can be found at these links: Photo development - Photo film development - Photo studio visas and documents - Xerox Copy Shop Services